Posts for tag: Invisalign
The first step to a Hollywood smile is often asking your orthodontist about braces. However, you no longer have to spend years wearing metal brackets and wires on your teeth to achieve your goal. Invisalign allows you to gain the same results as traditional braces, only without the braces. Learn about the pros and cons of Invisalign and what this treatment can do for you with Dr. Alfred Huber at Reserve Dental Group in Boca Raton, FL.
Invisalign Pros and Cons According to your Boca Raton, FL Dentist:
- Easy: Invisalign treatment does not require anything more than simply wearing the clear aligner trays. Unlike traditional braces, which have many moving parts that can damage the inside of your mouth, Invisalign is comfortable and easy to use.
- Invisible: Thanks to their design and materials, Invisalign is almost invisible to the naked eye. This allows patients to get the orthodontic treatment they need without compromising their personal style or look.
- Efficient: Most Invisalign treatments last about a year. The trays’ design helps them efficiently place the appropriate amount of pressure onto each tooth to move it directly into its final position.
- Predictable: Thanks to Invisalign’s laboratory, you will receive a video showing how your teeth will move during treatment. The video also shows you the final result, giving you the peace of mind of knowing exactly how your smile will look when you take out your last tray for the last time.
- Commitment: Invisalign’s treatment plan boils down to wearing the aligner trays the appropriate amount of time. This means wearing your trays for at least 22 hours a day, every day, and only removing them to eat or brush and floss. Patients should be committed to wearing their trays, as failing to do so can cause complications to the treatment, forcing your dentist to start over or significantly lengthen the treatment time.
- Adjustment Period: The aligner trays can cause a lisp or other difficulties speaking at first. Luckily, like with any other new dental appliance, patients get used to Invisalign within a few days.
- Not Suitable For Everyone: Invisalign usually treats most cases that traditional braces treat, but, in some very extreme cases, your dentist may recommend traditional braces over Invisalign’s aligner trays.
For more information on Invisalign, please contact Dr. Huber at Reserve Dental Group in Boca Raton, FL. Call (561) 852-7773 to schedule your consultation with Dr. Huber today!
Want to straighten your teeth but don't like the look of metal braces? Invisalign offers the perfect solution to traditional braces. Dentist Dr. Alfred W. Huber, DDS, your Boca Raton dentist, is here to share some important information about these innovative braces.
How is Invisalign different than traditional braces?
Is Invisalign appropriate for all orthodontic issues?
- Open bite
How long must I wear the aligners?
What are the benefits?
Invisalign clearly conceals that you're straightening your crooked smile.
When the image of braces is brought to mind, are you picturing broad metal wires laced through bulky brackets? If you've already had braces, you probably recall the all-too-frequent visits to your orthodontic office to tighten those wires and the discomfort that followed for a few days after. Fortunately, advances in dental technology have changed all that. Reserve Dental Group is proud to offer Invisalign in Boca Raton to their patients, a revolutionary way to straighten teeth comfortably and discreetly.
How does Invisalign work?With 3D imaging, a laboratory will craft a series of Invisalign trays made just for you. These trays, called aligners, are made of thin, clear, lightweight plastic and will fit accurately on your teeth. As your teeth move into the proper positions, aligners will be changed for the next one in the series. With only a few checkups at your Boca Raton dentist's office, this process usually takes between nine and fifteen months if the aligners are worn correctly.
What makes Invisalign special?
Invisalign trays are designed to be taken out for meals, brushing and flossing. However, Dr. Alfred Huber and his staff will advise you to wear your aligners 24 hours a day for best results.
If you think your gaps, overlaps and uneven spaces could benefit from Invisalign, contact dentist Dr. Huber and his team of professionals at Reserve Dental Group today at 561-852-7773.