Invisalign Pros and Cons
The first step to a Hollywood smile is often asking your orthodontist about braces. However, you no longer have to spend years wearing metal brackets and wires on your teeth to achieve your goal. Invisalign allows you to gain the same results as traditional braces, only without the braces. Learn about the pros and cons of Invisalign and what this treatment can do for you with Dr. Alfred Huber at Reserve Dental Group in Boca Raton, FL.
Invisalign Pros and Cons According to your Boca Raton, FL Dentist:
- Easy: Invisalign treatment does not require anything more than simply wearing the clear aligner trays. Unlike traditional braces, which have many moving parts that can damage the inside of your mouth, Invisalign is comfortable and easy to use.
- Invisible: Thanks to their design and materials, Invisalign is almost invisible to the naked eye. This allows patients to get the orthodontic treatment they need without compromising their personal style or look.
- Efficient: Most Invisalign treatments last about a year. The trays’ design helps them efficiently place the appropriate amount of pressure onto each tooth to move it directly into its final position.
- Predictable: Thanks to Invisalign’s laboratory, you will receive a video showing how your teeth will move during treatment. The video also shows you the final result, giving you the peace of mind of knowing exactly how your smile will look when you take out your last tray for the last time.
- Commitment: Invisalign’s treatment plan boils down to wearing the aligner trays the appropriate amount of time. This means wearing your trays for at least 22 hours a day, every day, and only removing them to eat or brush and floss. Patients should be committed to wearing their trays, as failing to do so can cause complications to the treatment, forcing your dentist to start over or significantly lengthen the treatment time.
- Adjustment Period: The aligner trays can cause a lisp or other difficulties speaking at first. Luckily, like with any other new dental appliance, patients get used to Invisalign within a few days.
- Not Suitable For Everyone: Invisalign usually treats most cases that traditional braces treat, but, in some very extreme cases, your dentist may recommend traditional braces over Invisalign’s aligner trays.
For more information on Invisalign, please contact Dr. Huber at Reserve Dental Group in Boca Raton, FL. Call (561) 852-7773 to schedule your consultation with Dr. Huber today!